Mozzarella you? Nothing, I’m Feeling Gouda’s Gold!
Winners Announced in the Los Angeles International Dairy Competition
POMONA, CA (March 21, 2017) – Gleaming like wheels of sharp cheddar, gold medals were awarded to the best dairy products in the country at the 2017 Los Angeles International Dairy Competition at Fairplex.
The annual competition, held in March, brings out the cream of the crop in butter, ice cream, cheese, cultured liquid products, sour cream and yogurt. Several award winners will be on display during the 2017 LA County Fair, Sept. 1-24.
“The competition not only spotlights the Fair’s agricultural roots by recognizing the dairy industry but recognizes the importance of dairy products and their importance in the food pyramid,” said Miguel A. Santana, president and CEO of Fairplex. “It’s also really amazing to see the vast array of entries from the smallest to the largest producers who all see a benefit to showcasing their products against the best in the industry.”
This year, 289 entries were submitted by 34 companies from 13 states. The states topping the list of entries were California and Wisconsin. In total, xxx gold, xx silver and xx bronze medals were awarded. A complete list of winners can be found at our website. Here are a few of the udderly fabulous winners:
• Gold, Butter (salted): Clover Stornetta Farms, California
• Gold, Fresh Mozzarella: Toscana Cheese Company, New Jersey
• Gold, Cheddar (milk, 0-3 months aged, white mild cheddar): Foremost Farms USA-Marshfield, Wisconsin
• Gold, Milk (Grade A Pasteurized): Clover Stornetta Farms, California
• Gold, Buttermilk (Grade A Cultured): Country Delite, Tennessee
• Gold, Ice Cream (Chocolate Ice Cream, Full fat): Thrifty Ice Cream, California
• Gold, Yogurt (Greek-style, flavored): Straus Family Creamery, California
For more information on Fairplex or the LA County Fair, visit www.fairplex.com or www.lacountyfair.com.
Media contact: Renee Hernandez
(909) 865-4261 Hernandez@fairplex.com